Saturday, October 30, 2010

Naming Characters

I was sitting here trying to come up with names when one came to my attention. The alliteration with the heroine's name was great and I was on the verge of typing it on my special "NANO" page when I thought of someone I knew by that name. He isn't the only one I know with that name, but he is the first one my mind flashed. Please believe me when I say he is not soulmate material for a demon paranormal series. *sigh. I don't know what to do. I wrote a trial scene of this book and YIKES! It's going to be tricky. *insert a visual of me sitting here biting my cuticles as I contemplate What the Hell to name my character.

See, as I think I've mentioned, I'm a pantster. A dyed in the wool pantster. However, it dawned on me that I might want a few visuals to aid me if I get writers block so I thought I'd pin down some of the ideas that have been floating in my head FOREVER. Okay, not forever, just for a year and a half, but it FEELS like forever. The main character (no not the actual hero, more the anti-antigonist) has been eating away at my conciousness wanting to know when it was his turn again. So, NaNo is providing the impetuous to tell his story and that of those he helps.

Have you ever thought of a perfectly good name for a character and then had it ruined because of someone you know? *sigh* back to the outline.

PS all those chores I talked about earlier. Um. Yeah. I went to sleep. Although, I do have a good idea for tone and a few guidelines for the short book type thing I'm involved in. So, off I go. Back to work on my writing. *whistles* TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment