Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 15

Wow, what a day! My 2 yo is quite the handful. He has to dump out everything and anything he can get his hands on. Drinks are the worst problem. But lately, he's been having a go at the litter box. Whatever it is that gets him into the most trouble, that is what he repeats the most often.

I know, kid wants attention right? Well, sort of. He wants to get you playing with him with whatever he's not supposed to be doing (Ie turning on off TV/VCR/game system) and make you laugh. Problem is, he is so darn cute that it is hard not to!

Anyways, we played and wore him out. He's asleep right now. I'm afraid he will wake up soon :(

In the meantime, I am up past 29,600! yeah. Did a little catch up anyway. Now I'm only down 5,400 from my personal goal. Which is good! I don't remember where I was at last year, but I ended with 64k, so I'm slightly behind the pace set last year. However, this year, the story has given me fits and I'm having trouble turning my inner editor off. Means less problems editing later, but my word count is starting to suffer.

One thing that is good though, I put in a short chapter introducing the villian about four chapters sooner to up the ante a little bit. I mean, there's a murder in the first chapter, but we don't get much of a glimpse of the bad guy until later. I realised that would not do, so I put in a little voyeurism at the murder scene, and sent her off to have sex with her cohort in crime.

Here's a small excerpt from the last few days...


She felt that burning now, and touched herself quickly despite the public venue. She needed relief. She took one more look at all the faces, their fear and panic, the emergency workers who looked sickened.

Power hummed in her blood. She went around the back way and went home. He was there waiting, hard, wanting her as much as she wanted him. He was in it up to his eyeballs.

What was that called? She had seen it on television. Oh, yes, she remembered. Accessory after the fact. Same penalty. She smiled a pouty sexy smile at him. But, not as much fun.

She grabbed his hair and kissed him hard, then lost herself in the moment.

She had no idea how many witnesses were there. How many other world creatures rode the high with her.

If she had known there was a demon riding her as hard as she was riding her lust companion, that he had control over her, she would not have believed it. The power blinded her to all but her own needs and feelings.

She loved the kill. She was in control. She knew it.

The demonic laughter floating around the room was not heard by her or him. They didn't know it, but their time was up. Soon, very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment