Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Excerpt

Thanks to everyone who showed their concern and niceness regarding my daughter's well being :) Some on twitter and some here (and a couple both ways!) And to those who helped me through a rough patch yesterday. Thanks for being the bestest. Now, back to business, so to speak.

So, I'm editing, very, very, very, very, slowly. I mean, sllllllooooooooowwwwww. but it is good. Here's a quick excerpt from my paranormal, the Damian series that I am currently calling Ghost of Kristen's Past.



Before she responded, the detective's eyes glowed strangely and he turned toward the door. "Kenny is here."

Kristen could not remember the last time she had been in such a nervous state. Her mind fumbled for coherence and her body was in fight or flight mode. She mutely turned back to the door and opened it.

She was so not surprised to see Kenny coming up the walk. She let Kenny in and turned back to Detective Damian.

Kenny strode purposefully into the living room. "I'm here, obviously. What did you want?" he said abruptly as soon as he saw the detective.

"I need you to tell me everything you know. Half of Hell is after you and the other half will be once they find out that the two of you are Soulmates."



You like? That's the end of a chapter :D I really like that last line. One of my favorites. I know a book is good when I have favorites...

Happy Winter!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you! It's exciting to have lines like that. You just know you have a good book. If only you can finesse the rest...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the last line. But...why was she 'so not surprised to see Kenny' sort of confused me--as she shouldn't have been surprised--the detective told her he was coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @hope out of context lol. They both knew he was on his way. The detective should have not known he was there at that moment as there had been no sign that he had arrived. No car door slamming, no knocking, etc. Also, it was quicker than expected time wise. The detective was showing off a bit to prove he was what he said.

    ReplyDelete