Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Happy Day

Happy Day! I'm having a day off of the day job! not even working from home :D yeah! so today is cleaning, painting, writing, editing day. And planning for NaNoWriMo. Yep, it's that time of year again!

I'll be pushing my post from last year regarding Nano and ways to prepare. This year, with no fudge room cuz of my day job, I'm going to have to really do as I say! No slacking for this girl. I've got a couple of ideas now. One is a sequel, but problem is, I've lost my mojo for that one. Part of it's the romance. See what happened, when I planned the series, one of the characters were supposed to fall in love with x, then y came along and screwed everything up! I haven't adjusted for it yet.

Then there's this sci-fi sequel I need to do for Piza Seven, then there's these 2 other sci-fi books I've started/written down based on dreams of mine (that's how Rebellion on Piza 7 started! Which, incidently, you can get here at Barnes and Noble in hardback.)

Then there's this other story creeping around in my mind, in the dark, the cold, that wants to see the light. Even though all those other stories are more thought out with definitive boundries and goals in mind, I know me. I'll be willing to bet it's this creepy one running through my head that gets written. I've never written a full length true horror before. I've written horrific elements, mostly ones that I delete out of my books, but, not a horror story. Although, I did write a short that's available on my website. I started a full length novel, lost it, and now this other one is brushing at my consciousness. Maybe it'll take form, maybe it won't. But needless to say, I have plenty of ideas going into NaNoWriMo!

and in other news, we were able to go to the fair. I think it's the first fun tangible thing we've been able to do as a direct result of the extra income I've brought in. We got away with 10 hours of fun and food for five people for under 200! With the prices of the fair food, I find this nothing short of amazing. :P

I missed the demotion derby because my 2yo was cranky. So I put him back in the stroller and left. We went to the building with all the quilts and crossstitch and crochet and he fell asleep. I then went to the ag building which is where they have the art and photos. Next year, I'm getting my arse of the ground and getting my pics in. Biggest problem is the artwork has to be framed. In the amateur category I fall in, I have a really good chance of winning AND it gives us free tickets into the fair. So over the next year I'm going to take advantage of any huge framing sales if the stuff at work pans out.

In the meantime, I have to get back to my painting, writing, cleaning :D

No comments:

Post a Comment